Thursday, August 28, 2008

New Beginnings

Thank you for walking this journey with us for the past year. When we began, I never imagined it would take a year, nor did I imagine at the end we would have two beautiful daughters. God has blessed us beyond belief and we are so grateful that He has this incredible plan for our lives.

Now that we are home, I will be blogging about the day to day events in our lives. Some days may be pretty boring but with these two little girls, I know that there will be some stories to tell.

In case you are just now joining us, feel free to check out our adoption blogs to catch up...

Fernanda is adjusting great. She is even petting Max a little and tries to put his leash on him.

Rosa is on the move. I know she will be walking soon.

We feel so blessed that God chose us to be THEIR parents and can't wait to see how He is going to use them.

13 comments:

gracie :) said...

What a great family picture! Can't wait to see more. :) Looking forward to keeping up with this side of your journey!

Amanda said...

YAY!! So glad that you can finally start this new chapter of your lives!! It is so amazing to think how all of this started by a simple picture on a blog... and look where we are now!! I loved the pics Bill posted on facebook!! They are so good!! I can't wait to see you guys again!!

Kimberly said...

Hooray! Love the new blog!

I have been chomping at the bit to hear how things are settling in for you guys!

I'm rooting for Max, too!

Kimberly

Danielle said...

What a beautiful family!

Buffi Young said...

I can't WAIT to watch your garden grow!! What a BEAUTIFUL family you are!! I'm SO THRILLED for you guys!! Your girls are just precious!!! Can you believe the process is over now?!?! Wow....it's amazing on this side of it!! Hope you guys have a wonderful weekend!
Blessings,
Buffi

Alison said...

you'll have to make "blog books" with the other blogs to remember all those times! Aren't you glad they are over?!?!

Hannah said...

I am so glad you and both your daughters are home!

Hannah

Kimberly said...

Does it feel real yet?

Amy said...

Sorry I missed you the other day! Everyone talked about how sweet your girls were!

Unknown said...

how precious Melodie and Bill! I love checking your blog to see how things are going.

Carla and Daryl said...

i love love love this picture!!! it is great of all 4 of you and it really captures how happy you are. God has blessed you with these beautiful children and them with you!

Laura P said...

Congratulations on getting your blessings home! I just stumbled across your blog but I think there are some simularities to our stories. My husband and I were married 4 year no kids and we adopted our children at the same time from Guatemala, Mateo was 2 1//2 and Elisabeth was 10 1/2 months when they came home. We were so excited but nothing could have prepared us for bringing two children home at once. If you ever need support from someone who has been there feel free to e-mail me at lauraepowell@gmail.com. I have not kept up with our blog but it is powelladoption@blogspot.com if you want to read some of our story. Our children have been home a little over a year now and I can't believe what a year can do. We are so blessed to have these two in our family. Blessings on your transition to a family of four!
Laura

Richard Buckley said...

Great new blog Bill and Melodie!
Your smiles light up the room and Fern and Rosa are amazingly precious!