Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Advent Conspiracy



Our church has been doing a sermon series called Advent Conspiracy. The goal is to Worship Fully, Spend Less, Give More, Love All. The Brook, as a church is collecting a special offering for Living Water International. Our small group collected money to send to Amor del Nino. This is the home Fern lived in before she came home to us. We wanted to do something special as a family. One thing we decided is that we want to teach our children the reason we celebrate Christmas, Jesus' birth, and not just about getting presents. We started out with an advent calendar that contains different activities for us to do as a family. Here are the first 9 days of December...



12/1- Color a picture for Nana & Pa




12/2- Color a picture for Abby & Bob


12/3- Color a picture for Papa Joe & Gran









12/4- Taken canned food to the WAFF Can-A-Thon,


12/5-Toys for Tots

12/6- Christmas Parade-it wasn't that great so no pics...

12/7- Visit to Santa-Have to scan it in...

12/8- Set out our nativity
















12/9- Watched a Christmas movie together

I'll post more pictures when I upload them from the camera. Fern is so excited to open the boxes each day.

4 comments:

terri s said...

I LOVE that advent wreath, where DID you find it or did you make it? If you made it where could I find instructions for this? I like the idea of opening up a box to find something more meaningful than a piece of mediocre chocolate. I want my gurlz to know the real reason for the season just like you.

Please share!

Bill and Melodie said...

Terri, I bought the calendar wreath at Target. And it was on sale so that made it even better!

Amanda said...

I love the advent calendar too!! So cute! Great idea!

Alison said...

What a great idea - I am TOTALLY stealing it next year (assuming Garet is at home!)