Thursday, June 4, 2009

It's just me and the girls

As I type, Bill is boarding a plane to Guatemala for a 10 day mission trip with 26 others from our church/the Madison area. Please pray for safe travels, good health, opportunities to minister to the people of Guatemala, and their safety in general.

One of the ministries they will be working with is Amor del Nino, which is the children's home Fernanda was in. I am so excited for the opportunity to give back to this amazing ministry, as Bill and I are forever grateful for the care and love they gave Fernanda. She is such a well-adjusted little girl and I owe that to the care she received from Steve and Shyrel and the nannies.

Please pray for us as we wait for him to come home, it will be a long 10 days, but I am trying to plan things for us to do each day so we don't go crazy. Fern starts dance classes on Monday so that gives us something to look forward to.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

You can do it - strong woman! And I hope everything goes well for Bill. What a great thing he is doing and also you for supporting him! I'm sure you will take pictures of Fern's 1st dance class! We LOVE looking at the girls first pictures and comparing to how far they've come!

ldowdy said...

You and Bill are an inspiration to me. You both are the most loving and caring ppl. We will say a little prayer for ya'll and bill. BTW the girls are absolutely beautiful and I can't wait to meet the newest edition when he/she gets her