Sunday, July 5, 2009

One year already...

I intended to post this on Friday, but we had a full day. Friday, July 3rd marked the one year anniversary of my arriving in Guatemala to be with our girls. It was a bittersweer trip. I was finally with our girls, forever, but I had to be away from my family and friends and everything familiar.
Here are a few pictures of then and now...

Me and Rosa-the day I got to Guatemala, she was 8 months old.



Me and Rosa-one year later, she is 20 months old.



Fern and Shyrel- the day I got her in Guatemala, she was 2 years and 3 months old.



Me and Fern- one year later, she is 3 years and 3 months old.



Me and the girls on July 4th, missing our Papi...



Our whole family, including Baby Schroder on the way.



I can't wait to see what our family looks like in a year from now!

5 comments:

The Heinrichs said...

Wow...seems like yesterday we were traveling all around Guatemala to pick up our girls!!! Miss you all!

Jan Owen said...

we continue to rejoice with you, our dear friends! we love you.

Alison said...

Yea for a whole year already!! Woo hoo!

Amy said...

Wow - I remember reading all your posts from Guat last year - time flies! Glad you got to go on a little adventure for the special day :)

Amanda said...

I remember this time last year... what an emotional time!! I was so certain I would be seeing you in Guatemala to pick up Flor!! So glad we're all here!! (well, almost... we'll meet little miss schroder soon!!)